Network & Systems Administrator
We’re seeking a full time Network and Systems Administrator to join our growing team. This role will lead our IT efforts and leverage their planning and technical skill set to build out future infrastructure in new markets. The primary role is to ensure the stable operation of The Berg Group’s network. It includes planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting and optimizing all network hardware, software and communication systems. This person will also analyze and resolve end user hardware and software problems and provide end user training where required.
- This individual has accountability for and is involved with all Berg Group IT needs. It requires possessing current technical knowledge with key focuses on problem resolution, new project/market opening planning and implementation, end user support, research, AV ID and protection management, backup and disaster recovery management, documentation, real-time monitoring, reporting, physical security, and end-user support for office and field staff with company equipment.
- Administrate and support the network infrastructure: server and desktop hardware, software, and applications; security management, backups, user account management, data management, email systems and internet access.
- Monitor network performance, troubleshoot problems and outages, schedule and implement upgrades. Responds to alerts.
- Serve as first line of end user support face-to-face and supporting mobile, remote and field workforce. Provide technical training to end-users as needed.
- Deploy new users and computers to network and administer accounts, permissions, and access rights. Install, configure and maintain workstation hardware, software and devices.
- Attend training, seminars, conferences and webinars to broaden skillsets and stay current with changing technologies.
Desired Knowledge and Technical Skills
- Windows Server 2008/2012/2016 and Desktop XP/7/10 operating systems
- Experience with server hardware technology
- Telecom systems – IP phone systems
- Wireless LAN/WAN systems
- Exchange and Office 365; skilled
- Experience configuring and managing firewalls, IPS, A/V and IT security tech platforms
- Experience with virtualization
- Active Directory experience; solid understanding of MS licensing requirements
- In-depth understanding of computer networking and services TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, LAN/WAN, VLANS, switching, trunking, other.
- Demonstrated aptitude for problem solving and analytical thinking; exceptional troubleshooting, research and logic skills.
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills – direct user support is critical
- Proven successful and efficient vendor communication and management skills
- Confidence and ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a deadline driven environment
- Self-starter able to work independently; has initiative and proactively manages work load and fills needs that arise upon sight. Seek to fix an issue, not leave a bandage on it.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly
- Proactive desire to learn and support new and emerging technology, systems and applications
- Possess the highest level of integrity in working with and accessing confidential data and systems
- Bachelors or technical degree in information systems related field and 5+ years equivalent work experience
- 5+ years professional experience in the field working within business networks
- 3+ years network or systems administration of a small – medium sized network of Windows servers, desktop systems, routers, switches, firewalls and printers.
- Microsoft certifications and other professional network qualifications, e.g. CompTIA, Network+, Security+, VMWare, etc. are valued but not required.
- Some evening/weekend work is required.