This position is responsible for weighing and dispatching trucks as well as assuring that proper accounting has been made for the material shipped and/or purchased. The Aggregates Dispatcher will support internal company material supply operations as well as interact and a provide positive customer experience to external customer base.
- Weigh inbound and outbound trucks.
- Issue weight tickets verifying weight is accurate and legal.
- Interact on a continuous basis with customers and truck drivers.
- Dispatch materials in a timely and efficient manner.
- Communicate with plant locations and customers by phone and enter data into a computer system.
- Solicit future orders from plant locations and negotiate on an acceptable delivery time.
- Develop and maintain relationships with multiple trucking firms.
- Creatively develop solutions to efficiently dispatch materials.
- Support sales efforts in quoting and prospecting new work by providing quotes.
- Document complaints and forward to General Manager.
- Other duties as assigned by the General Manager.
- High School diploma.
- Three to five years related experience in the trucking industry, dispatching, and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Post-Secondary education preferred.
- Knowledge of the Minneapolis/St. Paul and surrounding areas.
- Communicate in a positive and helpful manner with a variety of customers.
- Ability to read and understand maps.
- Ability to maintain a calm demeanor when handling stressful situations.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Plans
- Paid Time Off
- Wellness Programs
Founded by the Becken family in 1927, Cemstone offers truly integrated and sustainable concrete solutions for its customers in the Upper Midwest and across the country. When you work at Cemstone, you experience more than just a job. You earn a rewarding career, one that delivers an incredible opportunity to build a better future for yourself, strengthens us to become a better company, and fulfills your desire for challenge and growth.
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, please apply online today. We are committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. EO M/F/Disability/Vet Employer.